Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday Night....

Ahhh Finally home from what has seemed like an incredibly long and drawn out day...I waitress-ed last night and tonight and I really would love to be able to just smack some people right in their faces...I do not understand why it is illegal for me to knock somewhere square in their jaw but it is not illegal for someone to be a complete asshole...just my opinion of course... For those of you that dine out I would like to offer some pointers in order to help you be the best possible customer you can be 
  • Do not treat your server as a slave - speak with respect to them
  • If you mumble please expect your order to go in wrong
  • If your husband/boyfriend is flirting with us check your man and keep your attitude in check when speaking to us
  • Do not say you are ready to order if you are going to proceed to sit there and hum to yourself while you are deciding...we have other customers
  • If you have to ask if refills are free - get take out and go home
  • What answer are you expecting when you ask "Is the food any good" I mean think about that - do you really think we are going to respond "No it sucks ass...what can I get you"
  • DO NOT EVER snap or whistle to get our attention 
  • Do not call us hun, sweetheart or babe...for no other reason than the simple fact it is somewhat creepy
  • Know that we are laughing at your jokes because you tip us...so save us all the time and effort and skip the jokes
  • Read the menu 
  • Dont ask stupid questions...we will make fun of you when we walk away
You will frequently see new tips on restaurant etiquette...as I think it is important for all to be aware....
Moving on...my journey already seems to be in neutral as I need a new full time job and have not started looking again...of course that could be because the last time I looked I accidentally sent my resume to the executive director and well that was fucking a ball of fun to explain...

Well it is late and my brain is fried...I will be back with some very sarcastic rants about my first class train wreck of a life...but for now...good night... 

No comments:

Post a Comment