Monday, July 16, 2012

30 DAY Challenge


God I want to say I hate Monday’s but that is not completely accurate…because I hate the rest of the week about equal….
Oh well here we are again…another beginning of a week…and the ending of a weekend…my weekend was uneventful…this morning on my drive to work I thought to myself…”is this all there is…is this my life”…then I remembered that I have committed my self to a new journey in life…I just do not know where in the fuck I am headed yet…
I have to make so many changes in my life that I literally feel paralyzed…
The first thing I need to do is get a new job…but I am seriously stuck on this…I really do not know what the hell I want to do…
I am incredibly smart – just being honest—but I just do not know what I want to de with it…
I love bartending and I am damn good at it…seriously…I am fun and fast and I make people laugh; however, I do not think that really is a career…
I would be a great event planner…but what about health insurance and job security and financial stability
I HATE living paycheck to paycheck…I do not mind having two jobs…hard work has never scared me…but I do not enjoy not having anything at all to show for my heard work…
I think we should start by listing my strengths:
  • Highly intelligent
  • Organized
  • Driven
  • Funny
  • Sarcastic
  • Full of life
  • Photographic memory
  • Very educated
  • Love to read
  • I am crazy creative
  • Incredibly social and outgoing
So now what…my list sounds more like it belongs on match.com than on a resume…
Hmm…maybe I should make a list of my weaknesses:
  • I have a difficult time with filtering my thoughts
  • Do not really care for authority – not so much authority in general but authority over me- especially when I am more intelligent than them
  • I hate monotony- I like to keep busy and on the go
  •  I think the corporate world is full of robots, drones, Hollie Hobbies and backstabbers
So back to square one I find myself!!!! It’s funny I do not want to win the lottery so I do not have to work any longer I want to win the lottery just so I can just pay some bills and experiment with different careers….find what I click at…I always had this feeling in me that I was going to do something big…I just have zero clue…and I guess everyone has that feeling which I guess makes me no different than everyone else! What the fuck….
Okay so in order to make this journey begin to head to somewhere I need a jump start so for the next 30 days I am going to focus my energy on a specific thing in my life!  I will decide at the end of the day if it is something that I need to change or embrace!!!!
Day One: For the first day on this journey I am going to focus on my impulsive anger…I get very flip and annoyed at people and think about how awesome it would be if I could just knock them out….so today I am going to try and think of 1 positive thing for everything that annoys me and than I will see how I feel at the end of the day…
I am going to have to back track a little because I just made this decision and it is already 1100 am so Lord knows something’s have already pissed me off:
  • Total slept through my alarm and woke up about 45 minutes late…didn’t get my usual pissed off self…I still proceeded to make a cup of coffee and start my day off in slow motion—wasn’t late for work so it didn’t really matter
  • A UPS truck this morning was driving like a piece of shit down the turnpike and causing people to react like assholes…my typical reaction is to drive up close and give the finger and some choice words…however I will walk away from the incident thinking that I am damn glad he didn’t cause an accident and make me late for work
  • Looking at the Hollie Hobbies here is annoying as always- so instead of being annoyed I will make fun of them all day in my head…hahahah- this will make for a very interesting list tomorrow morning for you to read!!!!
Well I am off to do some of the work on my desk…because King Ass keeps walking through my office!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment